Thursday, October 20, 2011

Music for Writin'

Music. It's essential for writing, undeniably. My brain in particular feeds of music from Evanescence, the most epic band I've ever heard. (Especially with a new album out last week). Luckily for me, their style is right, the vocals are right, and it clicks in my head when I'm doing scenes. Plus, they have a lot of songs to choose from. I also listen to instrumental OSTs from animes, instrumental versions of regular songs, and some Linkin Park, Within Temptation, Three Day's Grace, and the like.

But I kinda want to expand a little. So followers, tell me what music you listen to when you write, and when you use certain songs for certain scenes. I'm completely open to the internet so I can look up pretty much all songs.
You can also mention why you listen to the music you do.

Have fun,
Silvermist

1 comment:

  1. I like to listen to instrumentals for most of my writing. That way I get mood, without distracting vocals. Sometimes when I write my more celtic-feeling stories (such as MK), I prefer artists like Celtic Woman or Celtic Wonder.
    One of my top favorites for what I call 'Muse Music' is John Powell. He has awesome instrumentals.

    ReplyDelete