Thursday, March 15, 2012

Screnzy Approaches, a Mad Dash for Sanity, and Guitars

Well folks, it's that time of year again.

Those hectic, amazing, rush-of-air-in-your-face weeks before the first of April, when NaNoWriMo's first non-November challenge runs up with a big axe to tries and kill you.

For me, the month of April means more than just 20,000-some words of 100-page screenplays or scripts. To me, it's the month of the almighty DOUBLE CHALLENGE!

*much chaos*

The Double Challenge is a self-administered addition to the Screnzy challenge. It began last year, when I realized I wanted to do more than just a screenplay.

"I need another novel," I thought, and promptly had a weird dream about sheds and flying, which prompted me to write the April novel "Flight". (LOVE THAT BOOK).

Now it's those rush-of-air-in-your-face weeks again, and I've been planning the "Flight" sequel for a while now. Not only that, but I'm also going to co-write my first screenplay with the insane Lady Elizabeth. It's going to be nutso.


Also, it appears as though I'm going to have to run in a mad dash for sanity this month. As my challenge start date approaches, my Writer's Block decided to retire for the time being, and suddenly I'm swamped with ideas, projects, and overwhelming WILL to do it all. I finished my August 'WriMo in a spurt of random awesomeness, I'm suddenly close to finishing my July 'WriMo (with an epic twist, whoa), I'm formatting my 2010 NaNo for publishing, all at the same time I have to work on studying for my AP exam and SAT!

HELP!


...that said, I'm also going to draw some hilarious pictures/comics of Me putting together a band with my characters. Here's the first one:

(I'm assuming you click to enlarge...)


Crazy in the most awesome and mind-blowingly exhausting way,
Silvermist

No comments:

Post a Comment