Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Big Things Coincide

You know how big things tend to coincide? Here's a few big things that happened in the last few days:

-I was taken to the beach and then a prom by an extremely over-generous friend, and I even got dressed up to go to the prom. Did I dance? It's a secret.

-I sent in my novel manuscript and query letter to my first publisher and kind of messed it up but SHHH, I handled it professionally. It's not a very long novel, only about 300 pages double spaced, and my query was gone over multiple times.

-I got sick. Yay! Such a beautiful sickness, this is. My throat burns with every swallow, my head is light and feathery and is bound to float away soon, and I can't seem to wake up as early as I could when I wasn't sick. Either I shall die a slow and painful death, or slowly and painfully recover.

-I am suffering from Writer's Block, and it's even more painful than being sick. I finally accepted that I don't have to write until June 2nd (can't do June 1st, thanks to a trip we're taking) for my first Camp NaNo '12. (I did both last year and whooped 'em). I'll have to try and muddle through life until then.

- FINALS ARE FREAKING NEXT WEEK.

So here I am, dying, with big things happening everywhere. Life is... well, life.

~Silvermist

No comments:

Post a Comment